GIEC G5300 Reproductor: Clon Pioneer LX500 con lector UHD óptico

Ok,

- Grupo 2 abierto / Group 2 open!

-
Interesados en el mando original con botones en inglés, por favor, dejadlo puesto aquí citándome, ya que en función de donde viváis el precio varia. Así puedo preguntarle y que me de los precios finales. / Interested in the original remote control with buttons in English, please leave it here quoting me, since depending on where you live the price varies. So I can ask he and give me the final prices.

- Post principal actualizado explicando lo del firmware, etc. / Main post updated with changes about firmware...
Interesado en el mando.

Ok,

- Grupo 2 abierto / Group 2 open!

-
Interesados en el mando original con botones en inglés, por favor, dejadlo puesto aquí citándome, ya que en función de donde viváis el precio varia. Así puedo preguntarle y que me de los precios finales. / Interested in the original remote control with buttons in English, please leave it here quoting me, since depending on where you live the price varies. So I can ask he and give me the final prices.

- Post principal actualizado explicando lo del firmware, etc. / Main post updated with changes about firmware...
Javier yo también estoy interesado en el mando. Lo del fimware de la segunda remesa no me ha quedado muy claro, ( sé que es el Mr.HD basado en el de piooner)Pero,,,,, Es el mismo fimware que los de de la primera remesa?

Hello Tocinillo,
my remote controls have arrived. Everything great. Thank you.

Is the price for the G5300 ($ 399.99) through PP-Friends or PP-Shop?

Archivos adjuntos

• FOTO.jpg
    FOTO.jpg
    455 KB · Visitas: 118
Hello,

It is great to see more people with the Giec player. I have this player since it was released and it has the Pioneer firmware.

It has 3 major flaws:

1 - One of the biggest problems is that only accepts .ass subtitles for iso blurays and when using this .ass subtitles, it does not show characters like "á, à, é, è, etc".
2 - It is not compatible with sup subtitles embedded in mkv files.
3 - It cannot convert HDR mkv to SDR(for projectors).

Could you test these with the TNT firmware?
Hi. I am been testing the GIEC and found that UTF-8 subtitles display correctly in MKV. Have you tried to convert .ass to UTF-8 ?
How can you add a external subtitle to a iso bluray ? Did not found how to do it yet...

Hi. I am been testing the GIEC and found that UTF-8 subtitles display correctly in MKV. Have you tried to convert .ass to UTF-8 ?
How can you add a external subtitle to a iso bluray ? Did not found how to do it yet...

Please beware I am using the Pioneer firmware. If the TNT firmware solves the problems I listed, I will be happy to buy the TNT firmware!

Another problem I noticed is that if you try to play a genuine DVD Audio as DVD Audio, it will not play! If you could try it it would be great!!
Genuine SACDs play fine.

Hi, yes, UTF-8 subtitles display correctly in MKV, but .Sup subtitles embedded in MKV will not display.
The .ass subtitles I tested were converted to UTF-8 and displayed Chinese characters when "á, à, é, è, etc" should be displayed.

To use external subtitle with ISO bluray, just put the .ass subtitle in the same folder of the iso and rename the subtitle with the same name of the iso, just like you do with mkv files.

Hello again,

I have one more question:

Can your Giec 5300 play SACD isos? I am asking because today I tried to play a SACD iso with my GIEC 5300 with the Pioneer firmware and it didn't play!! But I can play SACDs discs(SACD layer of course).

If yours can, please post if you are using the Pioneer or the TNT firmware.

Hello again,

I have one more question:

Can your Giec 5300 play SACD isos? I am asking because today I tried to play a SACD iso with my GIEC 5300 with the Pioneer firmware and it didn't play!! But I can play SACDs discs(SACD layer of course).

If yours can, please post if you are using the Pioneer or the TNT firmware.
I don’t have any SACD neither DVD audio for testing. Can you share some testing material so I can try with TNT firmware.

Atrás