Compra Conjunta M9702 V3 Reproductor: Clon Oppo 203 (Chinoppo)

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
A comment from avforums:
"
Chaps, hate to be the bearer of bad news but, while the M9702 is using Oppo 203 firmware/software, I don't think it's using the same chipset.

See the link below but looks like it's using 'Nearest Neighbour' to upscale Chroma - which is a good indicator of a cheap processor. Highly unlikely Oppo 203 would have the same characteristics given its Mediatek chip

Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark Disc - Discussion - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk Thanks. Wow, it's Chrome causing it! I'm using 76.0.3809.132 on a PC running Windows 7. No updates available. Here's
www.avsforum.com"

It's true o not? :)

A comment from avforums:
"
Chaps, hate to be the bearer of bad news but, while the M9702 is using Oppo 203 firmware/software, I don't think it's using the same chipset.

See the link below but looks like it's using 'Nearest Neighbour' to upscale Chroma - which is a good indicator of a cheap processor. Highly unlikely Oppo 203 would have the same characteristics given its Mediatek chip

Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark Disc - Discussion - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk Thanks. Wow, it's Chrome causing it! I'm using 76.0.3809.132 on a PC running Windows 7. No updates available. Here's
www.avsforum.com"

According to this source: "https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=60:4837:1225#1225" it shall be not the very same chipset as on the original oppo, but a very similar one:

(infos corrected by me)
Chinoppo M9702 has МТ8581CBAV
Oppo 203 original has МТ8581CAAV
cbav support Dolbi vision support sacd but not dsdd (9702),
caav support Dolby Vision support sacd can dsd (pioneer lx500),
bcav does not support Dolby Vision does not support sacd (7702),
bbav is the full version (203), other rmvb

Also there is another difference between Oppo and Chinoppo (M9702) [source]:
And then it turns out, that M9702 has no 4 HDR modes, to convert HDR to SDR. The original Oppo has 4 Tonemapping modes.

Мode 3 = Midtones ,
Mode 2 = Highlights and Shadow detail ,
Mode 4 = Shadow detail ,
Mode 1 = Highlights

There is also Target Luminance slider control ranging between 100Nits and 1600Nits

Here's an SoC read-out of both players: https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=60:4837:370#370
If this info is correct, then there are differences. Also if that is correct, I wonder whether AACS protected Isos could be played back? Can you just copy AACS protected UHD Isos on the hard drive and M9702 will decrypt them just as original UHD, or do you have to decrypt the ISOs during ripping with AnyDVD HD or similar, so that the final ISO is unprotected prior playback with M9702?

So there will be differences in picture quality between M9702 and Oppo 203 inevitably. It is the question how big they are. Perhaps these modes are also a bit responsible for the bad scaling mentioned in AVS forums?

Anyway... @Tocinillo: It cannot be the same image quality, since some SoC features are different. Do you have any hard proof that picture quality in terms of chroma is the same? Proof like Chroma comparison pictures between original Oppo and M9702 like the one from AVS Forum?

Yes, of course. I rechecked a few times and it is in the review.

See the attached pictures, M9702 (I don't have the original), perfect chroma upscaling. If you are talking about the "jaggies" upperright, it's normal, the original 203 applies the same algorithm. You can check it on Vicent Teoh's comparison video bretween Oppo 203 vs Pana UB9000.

I also have the target luminance 100-1600 nits, and the HDR --> SDR conversion and I think (I will confirm you this afternoon) that also support DSD passtrough. So, or your information about de SoC it's wrong or the M9702 not use that SoC.

I think the guy of AVF has wrongly configured his M9702.

Archivos adjuntos

• 20190918_151846-2080x1170.jpg
    20190918_151846-2080x1170.jpg
    435.6 KB · Visitas: 114
  • 20190918_151812-2080x1170.jpg
    20190918_151812-2080x1170.jpg
    404.1 KB · Visitas: 107
  • 20190918_151826-2080x1170.jpg
    20190918_151826-2080x1170.jpg
    335.9 KB · Visitas: 101
Última edición:
I think the guy of AVF has wrongly configured his M9702.
Man.. After editing google website translator messed up my whole post... have to write it again ?

I guess the guys from russian forum refer to an older Firmware or Hardware revision. Perhaps M9702 V1 or old firmware with v60 for DSD support.

Regarding the bad chroma scaling mentioned at AVS: Perhaps it is a phenomenon, which also occurs the same way on original Oppo. So perhaps the Oppo does exactly the same algorithm. At least the follow up post at AVS forum implies that the original oppo (either because of hardware limitations or software) might be the reason for this chroma method and not the M9702 itself. Probably not even noticable in real life performance.

Última edición por un moderador:
@Tocinillo,
Please check your PM I already paid for 3 units and I sent to you all the information that requested please add 1 more unite at the group 6.

Última edición:
It's open to join it, not to pay.

I think you must wait until end of this month.
sorry about that misunderstanding :eek: no problem to wait I was waiting since group 4th if you remember:cry: so will Am I still in list of group 6? could you please update me in the list of G6 for order 3 unites?

Última edición:
A comment from avforums:
"

www.avsforum.com"

It's the same as OPPO UDP 203 at only $ 300.-
I'm not going to look at the chip with a magnifying glass.
The image is INCREDIBLE GOOD

En Castellano como se debe:
Es lo mismo que OPPO UDP 203 a solo $ 300.-
No me voy a poner a mirar con lupa el chip.
La imagen es INCREÍBLEMENTE BUENA

Saludos desde Buenos Aires - Argentina

sorry about that misunderstanding :eek: no problem to wait I was waiting since group 4th if you remember:cry: so will Am I still in list of group 6? could you please update me in the list of G6 for order 3 unites?

Don't worry. You are in the 6th group. I'll mark you as paid and that's it. 3 units, right?

Thanks!

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
Atrás